Welcome to Periodontist.Org. Periodontist.org is a collaborative effort to provide useful consumer information about periodontics that you will not find anywhere else on the web. Our goal is to educate you about the field of periodontics, what a periodontist does, and treatment options. Our intended audience is someone who needs treatment, is in treatment or has had treatment for some aspect of gum disease or dental implant therapy. Some of the topics that we cover are as follows:
- Current trends in the filed of periodontics
- Products that are used in treatment
- Procedures/ treatment and who should perform them
- Different practice settings that periodontists use and how this may influence your treatment
- How to find a periodontist / the referral process
- Rationale for different treatment options – Should I get a bridge or dental implant(s)?
This site is provided as a public service, and is not sponsored. It is moderated by Periodontists. We have set up public forum – Ask a Periodontist where you can ask specific questions, which will be answered by a Periodontist. We have also posted several blogs and will continue to do so. We hope that this website will give you the tools you need to select a Periodontist and give you treatment options so that you can ask the right questions about your treatment options.
Dental professionals – if you are interested in submitting a blog or becoming part of this collaborative effort please email us email@example.com